Did you know that the Jaffa Institute is about to turn forty in 2022? That’s four decades of providing food, education, and other important social services!
We are excited to set the stage this year for The Canadian Friends of the Jaffa Institute to continue to change the lives of children, families and Holocaust Survivors living below the poverty line in Israel.
In light of this significant anniversary we have decided on a goal to raise $40,000 for each of our signature programs in 2021.
To launch our celebration, join us in raising $40,000 to feed 400 families in Jaffa, Bat Yam, South Tel Aviv and surrounding areas in 2021.
Our campaign begins with our annual Passover Food Drive which will be kicking off in two weeks. Stay tuned for a link to this donation site.
Passover and food security are intricately connected. Here are some reasons why this holiday is so meaningful to our goal:
* Passover is a holiday celebrating freedom: our essential Passover food packages provide families with freedom from hunger
* Every Jewish family deserves to have a Passover Seder – particularly in this time of COVID-19
* Celebrating Passover through traditional foods is a means of passing on Jewish tradition to the next generation
* Holocaust Survivors who do not take freedom for granted, deserve to have the opportunity to celebrate this holiday with a Passover meal
Food security is an ever pressing challenge with our families. Here is how we can lessen this burden together:
* Give a single donation of $180 or more and receive a package of 5 cards depicting life at the Jaffa Institute created by a professional photographer
* Give a single donation of $500 or more receive a beautiful puzzle set entitled “Food is Love” which includes 1 x 1000-piece puzzle and 1 x 48-piece puzzle
* Become a monthly donor to the Canadian Friends of the Jaffa Institute and pledge a monthly amount of $20/month or more or $45/month or more to receive your gifts now
Click the DONATE button today to contribute and receive your special gift.